Psalms 100:4, 5
Enter into his gates with thanksgiving, and into his courts with praise. Be thankful
unto and bless his name. For the Lord is good. His mercy is everlasting. And his truth
endureth to all generations.
All of us yearn to please God. Some try hard to please gods through hurting their
body, starving, giving certain kinds of food and habits. But what does our God expect from
us. The world and all the things in it are created by him. Nothing we give would please
him. He expects us to give ourselves, to come to him. When you enter his courts (church),
we should enter with thanksgiving and praise for all that he has done for us. This would
please him immensly.
- Thank him for all the benefits he has showered on us. Count your blessings everyday and
you would realise what a great and mighty things that he has done in our lives and the
people close to us (Psalms 103:2).
- He will be pleased with those that that fear him. (Psalms 147:11). Fear God and depart
from evil. Fear of God will keep you away from the snares of satan.
- He is pleased with those who wait for his grace. Every moment of our life in this earth
needs the grace of God without which we shall become void in no time (Psalms 147:11, 87:2)
- The words which we utter are very important. Let us take account of the words we soeak.
Kind words produces kind actions. We get annoyed over the small things which the others do
to us and abuse them. We should exercise patience on others as God is with us. Then shall
the words of our mouth be acceptable in the sight of God (Psalms 19:14).
- He is pleased with those who always seek his presence (Psalms 105:4). May it be a time
of worship, work place, or anything you do, speak to him always. As you travel by your car
keep praising the Lord. This will keep your mind free of grudges against others, tension
in the office or family problems.
- Worship him in the beauty of his holiness (Psalms 96:9). What is holiness? It is not the
outward appearance that the Lord expects from you but the inward beauty. The inner beauty
includes the ornament of meekness and quiet spirit.
- Be perfect as your Father who is in heaven (Matthew 5:48). Humanly speaking being
perfect is impossible. But we should ask the grace of God to transform us in the image of
him everyday. Let us face one day at a time. Ask God to keep you holy each day. God will
cleanses from all the undesirable qualities from us and make us more like him. Through
Adam we lost his image, but through Jesus Christ we have regained it.
May the Lord give us the grace to be pleasing before his sight. May the Love of the
Father, grace of His son, Jesus Christ and the Holy communion of the Holy Spirit be with