any use fearing God?
"Fear of the Lord is the beginning of knowledge . . ." Proverbs 1:7
The prevalent view on fear of God is to worship gods, offer money, flowers, etc. and go about the wicked ways. In some cases, you will not be surprised to learn that a robber or murderer before he steals or murders goes to his god and says he would pay a ransom if the god helps him to finish his job without getting caught. Can we call this as fear of God?
The Bible says that the fear of God means to have knowledge of Gods laws and to obey them. You cannot escape by saying I go to church every Sunday. If you really fear God you will listen to His commands and obey them.
Let us see how the fear of God helps us in our day-to-day life.
1. Gives good understanding (Psalms 111:10) and wisdom. This wisdom is different from what the textbook teaches us. Gods wisdom means to understand anything easily and apply to our situation swiftly and take the right kind of decision. It gives the presence of mind what to do and when and how to do it.
2. The fear of the Lord prolongs days (Proverbs 10:27). Living in the light of Gods commands is health. It prolongs the lives of many. You need not have to go to doctor often and consume loads of medicine to increase your longevity. Have fear of God within you and it will ease your tension (which is the root cause of many diseases). Because you know that whatever happens is ordained by Him and nothing will go wrong for you as long as the Lord is with you.
3. The fear of the Lord is a fountain of life. Turns one away from the snares of death (Proverbs 14:27).
4. In the fear of the Lord there is strong confidence. And his children will have a place of refuge (Proverbs 14:26).
5. It helps you to depart from evil (Proverbs 16:6). When you have the fear of God within you, you will not sin even if nobody is watching you. You are constantly aware that the Lord is watching over you whether you climb up the sky or put your bed deep down in the ocean bed.
6. The fear of the Lord leads to life. And he who has it will abide in satisfaction. He will not be visited with evil (Proverbs19:23). It gives you a satisfied life no matter what you have. The wicked shall not cross your path.
7. Finally, by humility and the fear of the Lord are riches and honor and life (Proverbs 22:4). All of us strive to be rich and fame. The Lord promises you today that if you will fear Him and obey His commands you shall be filled with riches and honor.
Now that you know what follows the man who fears God and obey His commands, will you also fear the Lord?
May the Lord bless you.If you are blessed by this message kindly let us know, that we praise God together at email@example.com